Frequently Asked Questions
- The Bookmobile is a mobile branch of the Marshall County Public Library. The mission of the Bookmobile is to increase accessibility to the materials and services provided by the library throughout the community. In fulfilling this mission, the primary functions of the bookmobile are to:
- Offer current popular materials and reference information for people of all ages
- Promote basic literacy and a lifelong desire to read
- Present programs to encourage continued use of the bookmobile, particularly for children
- Introduce readers to library services
- Generate a positive image of the library as a whole by being highly visible throughout the entire community
The Bookmobile visits local schools, daycares, senior living facilities, and events throughout the county. The Bookmobile cannot visit private residences.
Books by Mail is a way of providing library material to Marshall County patrons who are unable to travel to one of the library’s physical locations. Patrons can select specific titles or share their interests with the Bookmobile Librarian who will create a list of suggested titles. Materials are sent to the patron in a canvas mailer via the USPS. The package will also include prepaid return postage so the patron can return the material at no cost to them. Books by Mail is only available to patrons living in Marshall County.
Nothing! Postage is prepaid.
Office Drops are for busy organizations where employees may not be able to get to the library during regular hours. Patrons simply request items, and our Bookmobile Librarian will drop them off at the place of business.