The Library is a place of learning and exploration for all members of our community. In order to ensure an environment that is welcoming for all persons, the Library Rules and Regulations are to be followed at all times.
The following rules and regulations shall be applicable on Library properties:
- Selling and/or soliciting for services, money, or items is prohibited.
- All printed material posted or distributed in the Library must be approved by management.
- Possessing, consuming, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs at any time is prohibited.
- Smoking or other uses of any type of tobacco, e-cigarette, or other vaping device is prohibited.
- Library furniture should be treated with respect. Placing one’s feet on the furniture, sitting on furniture not intended for sitting, and any other misuse or movement of library furniture is prohibited.
- Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes, is required at all times.
- Bringing animals into the Library other than assistance animals is prohibited.
- Any behavior or noise created by persons, electronic devices, or cell phones that is disruptive to other Library patrons is prohibited.
- No one shall intentionally damage, destroy, or remove property belonging to the Library, another patron, or an employee from the premises.
- No one shall take Library materials into rest rooms.
- The children’s area is for use by children and their parents or care providers only. Exceptions are made for continuing education students and teachers.
- All children under 10 years of age shall be in the care of and attended by a responsible person over sixteen (16) years of age.
- No one shall leave a child or young adult (up to age 18) at the Library after closing hours.
- No one shall engage in disorderly conduct, fighting or challenging another to fight, or use obscene/offensive words or gestures.
- Any illegal act or conduct by a patron that is in violation of Federal, State, or local laws, ordinances or regulations is prohibited.
- No one shall throw rocks or other materials.
- No one shall congregate around the book return, entrances, or exits of the Library.
- Recreational use of skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, bicycles or any other personal vehicle is prohibited on Library property.
- If a patron under the age of 18 is in the library during school hours without a parent, the library may report the truancy to the Marshall County School Board.
Failure to comply with the Library’s established Rules and Regulations may result in exclusion of any patron from the Library or a patron’s arrest, if appropriate.
Theft of Library materials is a serious offense and will result in permanent exclusion from the library and/or arrest.
Communication of a threat of physical violence or any sexual offenses shall be the basis for the permanent exclusion of any patron.
All trespassers shall be subject to arrest and prosecution.
The Library may take appropriate legal measures to enforce these behaviors or to prevent access to individuals who refuse to comply.