Program registration begins May 13th!
Participants in the Marshall County Public Library Summer Reading Program must have completed grades K-5 in the spring. Younger children are encouraged to attend our Story Hour programs which will run throughout the summer. Older students may participate in the Young Adult Summer Reading Program.
Each child will set their own goal of how many books they will read between June 02 and August 02. Once their goal is met, they will receive a free book and be entered into a drawing for the Grand Prize! In addition, they'll earn ice cream treats from the Calvert City Dairy Queen for every 5 books they read (up to 20 books)! The responsibility for recording books read belongs to the child and their guardian.
Starting the week of July 08 there will be weekly programs at each branch of the Marshall County Public Library System from 2:30 - 4:00 PM. Programs will take place @Calvert City on Tuesdays, @Benton on Wednesdays, and @Hardin on Thursdays.
Children of all ages are invited to participate in events at all three library branches!
- Animal Show @Hardin by Scott Shupe - Saturday, July 6, 1:00pm
- Storytelling @Calvert City by Bob Valentine - Monday, July 8, 1:00pm
- Magician Jim Stott @Calvert City - Saturday, July 13, 2:00pm
- Magician Jim Stoff @Hardin - Monday, July 15, 1:00pm
- Clarks River Wildlife @Benton - Saturday, July 20, 2:00pm
- Magician Chris Egelston @Benton - Monday, July 29, 1:00pm