Young Adult Librarian
Location: Marshall County Public Library System
Type of Position: Full-time
Possible hours Include: Weekdays, weeknights, weekends
Salary: Starting salary commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: Retirement; Health (include Vision) and Dental Insurance; Vacation & Sick Leave and Holidays.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Develop and coordinate year-round Young Adult programming for the library system.
- Provides readers advisory service to the public.
- Cooperate with other Youth Services Team members to provide facility-wide programming.
- Collection maintenance, including weeding, to maintain a current Young Adult collection.
- Promote MCPL programming through schools, organizations, and groups.
- Serve as liaison to school to schedule class visits and offer library services.
- Oversee Young Adult programming budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in public libraries and programming is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and keep Kentucky Librarian Certification.
- Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
- Experience using Windows-based PCs and software.
- Familiarity with MS Office products (particularly Word and Excel).
- Interpersonal skills to effectively deal with the public and coworkers in a positive, professional manner.
The Marshall County Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY: Click this link. Completed applications can be submitted using the contact information below.