Availability and Fees
The meeting rooms of the MCPLS are made available free of charge to non-profit groups. The purpose of the meeting rooms is to make them available to as many community groups as possible. Therefore, a non-library group may not monopolize the use of the meeting room.
Library sponsored programs will receive first priority. There may be times that the library will have to cancel a group’s meeting for a library function.
The library system will not reserve its meeting rooms for:
- Events promoting specific political candidates.
- Non-Library related groups selling or promoting items or services.
- Activities likely to disturb regular Library functions.
- Individuals, organizations or groups presenting programs of which the primary purpose is the disparagement or denigration of another individual, organization, or group.
- Religious or philosophical groups to further particular lines of doctrine or beliefs.
- Personal showers, parties, etc.
- For-profit groups, organizations, or businesses (unless it is a library-sponsored training program).
No materials, equipment or furniture belonging to any organization will be stored on Library premises, and the Library will not assume responsibility for any materials or items left on the premises.
No admission fees or collections will be allowed for any event scheduled in meeting rooms. Pass-through costs for educational materials may be collected. Library sponsored events for the purpose of raising funds for the Library are allowed.
A contact name and phone number must be provided. This person will be responsible for picking up the key prior to the meeting; locking the library doors, and depositing it in the Book Return. The contact person will be responsible for turning off meeting room and restroom lights.
Light, non-alcoholic refreshments may be served by the group, but no serving materials will be provided by the Library. If the carpet or furnishings are soiled during the use of Library facilities, the organization must pay the cost of cleaning. Garbage should be disposed of as leaving.
The room must be restored in an orderly manner after use, chairs in place, tables clean, garbage taken off, etc.
Advance reservations may be made, but not earlier than six (6) months prior to the event.
If a meeting is canceled, the Library must be notified at once and at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled event unless unexpected hazardous weather or other emergencies occur.
If a question is raised as to the objectives and/or activities of any organization or group requesting use of the meeting room, the Board of Trustees shall be the final authority in granting or refusing permission for the use of the room.